The Earth System Governance Project is calling for nominations for the Oran R. Young Prize.
The Oran R. Young Prize will be awarded for the sixth time at the 2018 Utrecht Conference on Earth System Governance. The Prize awarded by the Earth System Governance Project seeks to reward and encourage cutting-edge research on earth system governance by early-career scholars who could become the next generation of leading scholars in the field of environmental governance research – a field shaped and significantly influenced by the pioneering work of Prof. Oran R. Young.
The Oran R. Young Prize will be awarded for the best paper presented at the annual Earth System Governance Open Science Conference, authored by early-career scholars. The Prize Committee is chaired by Earth System Governance Scientific Steering Committee member Heike Schroeder (University of East Anglia). The committee will select the winning paper based on academic quality and novelty as well as relevance to the Earth System Governance Research Framework.
The eligibility criteria for papers to be nominated for the Prize are as follows:
- The paper must be accepted for presentation at the Utrecht Conference on Earth System Governance;
- Papers already published or accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal will not be eligible for the Oran R. Young Prize. Manuscripts published as working papers or similar informal format will remain eligible;
- The paper must be authored by one or more early-career researchers, whereby early-career is defined as Master student, PhD-student or researcher who has received their PhD within 5 years prior to the deadline. Please note that all authors of the paper must fall into the category of early-career researcher;
- Papers (co-)authored by members of the Oran R. Young Prize Committee, and by staff of the International Project Office are not eligible;
- The paper must be submitted in its final or review-ready version by 1 October 2018 to ipo[at]earthsystemgovernance.org. Only papers sent to this address will be considered. If you have received your PhD degree, please mention Year/Month.